Waltham is a city in Massachusetts. It is 10 miles (16 kilometers) west of the Charles River from central Boston. Waltham is considered a part of the city of Great Boston. Nevertheless, he has a rare personality in the suburbs of Boston. It is also called 'Watch City' because it was the base of Waltham Watch. Many high-tech companies brought Waltham to their homes. There are also Bentley College and Brandeis University.
One of the oldest cities in the United States, Waltham was first settled by British settlers in 1634 and incorporated in 1738. In 1813, Francis Cabot ROEL established Boston Manufacturing Company in Waltham. It is the first modern factory in the United States, and the history books evaluate it as the beginning of the American industrial revolution. 1854: Aaron Denison established Waltham Watch. The company produced the first clock that could be replaced, and the first 100% U.S.-made clock, and designed advanced machines that spread to other industries and lead to American industrial power. Waltham is also known as the home of famous people such as Governor Christopher Gore and General Nathaniel Banks.
Logan International Airport is the nearest airport to Waltham. It's about 20 minutes east.
The Waltham can be accessed via an interstate 95, also called a route 128 connected to the Maspike (I-90). This is important when you go in and out of the Logan airport because you use I-90 West to reach Waltham and I-90 West to return to Boston. The I-90 has two pay 1.25-dollar Plazas that can be returned 25-30 minutes during rush hour from 4:30 to 6:30.
There are several trains from Boston every day. From MBTA Commuter Train North Station to Waltham Brandy Roberts Stop, take the Fitzburg Line. This train is a good way to get into Boston, especially on sports days, because it goes straight to Boston Garden. They are affordable.
MBTA Bus 70·70A runs from Cambridge Central Square to Waltham. Some MBTA express buses (553, 554, 556, 558, 505) also run on Waltham. A few blocks from Boston's South Station, Waltham goes only on weekdays. Although the bus is reliable and inexpensive, it tends to be crowded during rush hours (4:30 - 6:30).
It's not hard to drive Waltham, and you can run anywhere in the city in 15 to 20 minutes. There are three main streets to Waltham. Main Street, Moody Street, Lexington Street. During the rush hour (4:30-6:30), you encounter a traffic jam that could delay your commute from 10-15 minutes. Main Street is probably the worst time, and Moody Street may be busy on Friday and Saturday nights. The parking lot can be used in public parking areas such as high transportation areas and street parking.
City buses are a good way to get around the city. It's cheap and reliable, but sometimes it's crowded and clogged. The best place to get on the bus is the common, and the bus stop is across the street from the station.
- Charles River Industrial Museum Moody ☏ Street 1 781 893-5410. Th-Sa 10AM-5PM. Exhibits relating to textile factories, Waltham Watch Co., Ltd., and power plants.
- Waltham Museum (25 Lexington Street, ☏1 781-893-8017, + ) Tu-Sa 1 pm to 4:30 pm. A collection of many memorabilia, including watches, watches, automobiles and other industrial products made in Waltham. commission
- Bentley College Bowles Performing Art Series (175 Forest Street), 175 Forest Street +1 781 891-3424 Plays, music, dance, and lectures. Art Gallery opens in M-F 10AM-6PM.
- Brandy University Rose Art Museum (415 South Street) ☏1 781 736 . ten dollars.
- National Archives and Records Administration, New England Region, 380 Trapelo Road, +1 781-663-0130.M-W F 7AM~4:30PM, 7AM~9PM. New England's historical records include the census of Boston's population, naturalization, arrival schedules for passengers, military service, pension, and record of rich land applications from the 1789's to 1970's. He is mainly interested in family history researchers. Freedom.
- The Girl Scout Museum in England (265 Beatrice☏, . By Appointment. Exhibits and materials on girl scouting. Freedom.
- A concert with Waltham ☏ . Summer only. A night concert will be held at 7:30 on Tuesday night at Waltham Common. Free.
- Boston Rock, Prospect Hill Every day from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. This is a good place to drive for lunch on the top. Picnic tables and grills are scattered in the viewing area. The skyline in Boston has a beautiful view. It's a good thing if you want to run up the road instead of driving.
- Veterans Memorial Link 295 Totten Pond Road +1 781 314-3474. Skating time: Su 2PM-3:50PM, Tu 10AM-11:50AM, W 10AM-11:50AM, Th 10AM-11:50AM, F 7PM-8:50PM, Sa 2PM-3:50PM. An ice link is a fun place to go for a few hours. You can enjoy picking up games and play skating. They don't rent skating. But if you have your own gear, it's not expensive and you're not usually very busy. Two dollars and one dollar down.
- Landmark Embassy Pine Street Waltham 16, Pastry ☏To, . 6 screens. There are many popular new works and independent works. Also, since the daily special prices and discounts are different, this is a good way to watch cheap movies.
- Bentley College, 175 Forest St., +1 781-891-2000.
- Brandy University, Southern 415, +1 781-736-3500.
Waltham doesn't do much shopping.
- Olympia Sports, 868 Lexington St., ☏ . M-Sa 9AM - 9PM, Su 10AM - 6PM. Olympia is a shop for basic sports gear and sports shoes. However, they don't come out in high quality shopping.
Most of Waltham's good restaurants are located along the Moody's Center, including meals for Thailand, China, India and the United States. Start at one end and walk the length before you decide one point.
- 99 restaurants, 110 South Street Waltham, MA 02453 ☏+1 781 . 99 is a good family restaurant with American food. The price is reasonable, and it's a delicious, quick dinner option.
- Waltham India Market Food Court, 315 Moody Street (supermarket basement). Check the curry.
- Pitch Farm, 549 Lincoln Street☏, . a delicious restaurant with delicacies, markets, sandwiches, soup and ice cream.
- Green Papaya, 475 Winterst, ☏ You'll have a vegetarian choice. It's rated one to three stars, but if you ask for four to five stars, you'll get one notch. Their red curry is very good.
- Little India Restran, 475 Moody St, . This restaurant is one of many places in India along Moody St Little India, probably the smallest front-locked place. There's a second dining room behind me. They have a spicy menu. Try Sagu panile.
- Hadaka 455 Jutenchi Road 1, ☏ 781 684-0500. The Naked Fish is a good place to eat, and it takes five minutes to walk from the Doubletree and Hilton hotels. It's mainly a good seafood restaurant. There is also a children's menu, and it's a good dinner spot for families. It is a medium-price, good food. Serve alcohol cocktails with a southerly flare. Mui Tui is delicious.
- Charcoal Guido 482 Moody St☏+1 781 373 . good pasta dish
- Beltucci, Winter Street, 475 Winter Street, +1 781 684-0650. a line of Italian food
- Tempo 474 Moody Street 481 891 . M-Th 5PM-10PM, F Sa 5PM-11PM, night after night. The tempo is a wonderful restaurant and a bar. The menu is always full and will change. There are also local specialties and side dishes for daily use, made with fresh ingredients. The tempo is also popular on Friday and Saturday nights, with the nomiya scene also on. But if you're planning to eat on the weekend, we'll be able to get some reservations right away. The tempo is expensive, but it's a great place to go on a date.
- La Campania 504 Main Street Waltam☏+1 . M-Th 5:30~9:30PM, F Sa 5:00-10:00 p.m. La Capania offers high-class Italian dishes, such as those of Italian grandmother. It has its own wine store, which is rich in Italian binos and other wines. This restaurant has a very friendly atmosphere and is ideal for romantic dating. This is an expensive restaurant, but you can get home-cooked and excellent wine.
- The Skellig, 240 Moody Street, +1 781 647-0679.
- DoubleTree Guest Suites Boston/Waltham, 550 Winter Street, Toll Free: + .
- Holiday Inn Express, 385 Winter Street☏,Fax: +1 781-890-1021. Exit 27 of I-95 (Rt 128). You can use the free Wi-Fi (with your computer and wireless card and no owner). Because the main lobby has only one access point, you should reserve a room on the first floor of the main building so that it can be accessed from the room. The room's rent was $89 a night, including tax. Add fruits, cereal, bagels and cinnamon buns to a high quality free breakfast. 10 minutes drive to downtown Waltham. , Toll-Free
- 1 Hyatt House Boston/Waltham (formerly Hyatt Summerfield Suites) 54 Fourth Avenue . The central part of the National Highway 128 corridor.
-  Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham 420 Tottenpound Road 481 781 890 . Check in: 3PM, Check out: noon. Guest rooms, cafes, lobby lounges, room heating pools and exercise rooms.
-  Westin Waltham Boston (70) Third Avenue, 781-290-5600+1 Check in: 4 pm Check out: noon. It is 15 miles from downtown Boston to provide access to the nearby headquarters. This hotel has 346 guestrooms. Jim.
Waltham is the beginning of the American Industry Tour to New York City and Chicago in the west.
|go through Waltham|
|Peabody Lexington ←||N S||→ Weston, Canton|
|Worcester Samba←||W E||→ Watertown → Boston|
|End Left||W E||→Belmont → Medford|
|Fitchburg - Weston←||northeastern region SE||→Belmont → Boston|